Friday, January 22, 2010

Quiz Talk

Refreshingly, after taking the quiz about digital knowledge, I could define the majority of the terms. Indeed, I found out what Instant Messaging was as soon as I jumped into middle school - it was quite the rage among adolescents, and I hogged the computer every chance I caught to talk to all of my adoring friends. Blogging was easy enough to understand when I jumped on that bandwagon too. I was even fortunate enough to have a good number of dorky guy friends that love to play Massive Multi-player Online Games (enough so that I am fairly competent in the area).

At the same time, however, I am not the expert I'd like to be concerning digital talk. I had never heard of modding before at all - and am still unsure about what, exactly, it is. It's weird to think, though, that the kids we teach will already know exactly what all of this is -- and more. It's almost intimidating!

1 comment:

  1. I cannot agree with you more regarding the idea of how kids are going to be well informed about the digital world than we are today. It is absolutely amazing how fast the new programs are developing, and how organized the classes are in utilizing these programs for students to incorporate technology in learning.
    As for my experience with technology, I have never interacted with wiki or blogging until the classes (TE) I took required us to use them. But this semester, all my classes are requiring us to use some sort of digital programs to show work. I believe incorporations of digital programs are going to be much more demanded in future classrooms than today.

    ReplyDelete