Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Learning to Write

Learning to write is hard for me to remember. I remember the early years of learning how to form letters using workbooks and coloring assignments, and I remember learning how to write in cursive in the second grade. But the writing process is another story, I don’t ever remember learning how to put sentences together, what to include, and how to tie them together. In upper elementary school and middle school, I know we learned how to write essays and how to improve our paragraphs, but before that I do not remember specific instruction on how to write. I do not see much writing instruction while I am at my placement. Most of the time is spent focusing on reading comprehension and fluency or spelling. I would be interested to find out how students develop their writing schools, and what most programs are lacking (instruction wise) currently.

No comments:

Post a Comment